Many conditions which need a Surgery can be taken care of by fairly simple procedures. Others can only be achieved using the heart-lung bypass machine that is called the ‘open heart’ operation. The machine will take over the function of the patient is heart and lungs while the surgeon works in the heart itself. This kind of surgery involves different risks that are not necessarily high than that as in the case of some other sort of heart surgeries. Particular problems concerning individual cases will be discussed with parents when surgery is being contemplated for their child.
There May be complications from Heart surgery, but today, with enhanced technologies in surgical procedures the risk of complications is always being reduced. Complications mainly depend on the type of operation being done and it entirely varies for each and every child according to the issues that will require surgery. The risk of complication in heart surgery procedures are extremely low, especially, death risks or severe complications are less than 3 percent. In the majority of the cases, children who experience heart surgeries keep well. They may need to spend a couple of days in hospital but can return to their routine activities in a while.
But, some of the potential Complications of heart surgery are mentioned below:
- There are opportunities for bleeding around the area of the operation which could require transfusion or even re-operation. However, the chances and demand for this is just about 2%
- Infections from the surgical area, lungs and bloodstream.
- Sometimes, there might be a Fluid collection in the chest or around the center. This may require drains to be added.
- Inadequate heart functioning is another Complication, this could be attributed to the illness itself or the operation or maybe both.valve replacement singapore can be broken, although it is rarely found in patients.
- Kidney failure is an extremely Complication and can be nearly recovered using a period of dialysis. This is more common in newborns.